Last Wednesday was an Unbelievable Day. I was asked to go look at a Radon system that was just recently installed. The new owner did not think it looked right. So, I went to take a look. Wow! I could not believe what I saw. This system was installed by a local, “certified” company. They broke about 6 or 7 codes and Radon venting standards. The biggest thing is that the Radon fan was in the basement. When you get certified, this is about the 1st thing you learn not to do. Among other things they did not install fire collars on the pipe in the garage, they used an electrical splitter on the single outlet for the sump pump to also plug in the fan. The flashing was not installed properly. The company then told the customer that it was a “moisture” system, so they could put the fan where ever they wanted. (even though this was for Realty and the home had tested high for Radon) Best price? Yeah, they got what they paid for. Now the system has to be completely redone. What a great service that company is doing to the public, and they are certified. Wow, what an unbelievable day.