This is why Radon is so dangerous.
I recently attended the Semi-annual Wisconsin state Radon conference in Green Lake. One of the speakers was a woman who has survived Lung Cancer. What grabbed my attention so much is the events that led to her finding out she had lung cancer. To make a long story short her nagging cough had grown into coughing up blood. Her doctor gave her a chest screening and it came out OK. They saw nothing wrong. So, he sent her home. He thought it would just go away. Well, her coughing up blood got much worse.
Finally the doctor agreed to dig deeper and had another doctor perform a scoping of the throat, and lungs. While doing this they found a bleeding tumor that was cancerous. This was lung cancer, but hers was very high in the bronchial area. When Radon does affect you it can be in the bronchial and trachea area which may not show up in a normal chest scan.
Radon is dangerous folks and should not be taken lightly. It is a slow acting affect, which is almost bad if you think about it. If Radon caused immediate damage and quick affects every home would be tested and treated if needed. With the colder months coming it will be easier to test for Radon. Do your family a favor this holiday season and give them the best gift possible, peace of mind. Test your home today. Don’t let this dangerous disease creep up on you.