5 things you should know about Radon
1. It’s the leading cause of Lung Cancer in nonsmokers.
On average Radon is the result of 21,000 deaths each year.
2. It can be found almost everywhere in Wisconsin.
Radon is found in 5-10% of the homes in Wisconsin above the US EPA guideline of 4 pCi/L.
3. Radon is almost undetectable.
Radon is Tasteless, Odorless and Colorless.
4. Free Radon Test is the only way to detect Radon in homes.
5. Almost half of Wisconsin homes have Radon levels above the recommended safe level
The same glaciers that formed the great lakes are likely to be the reason for radon levels being so high. The Glacial Deposits left in most of the state is the main source for Radon.